Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Week 32 - Still Pregnant!


Week 32 Posted by Hello

The weekly doctor’s visit proved once again that we’re still on target and doing the right things for the babies. They have shifted a little – with “Baby A” seemingly making her way toward the birth canal. This means that they are no longer nose-to-nose with both heads laying the same direction across my belly. I’ve gained 4 ½ pounds in the last week (a little self-conscious, I reminded the nurse that I had just finished eating lunch and drinking a large lemonade) and my belly is officially larger than most full-term ladies’.

Each baby should be a little over 4 ½ pounds each and about 17”-18”, although those measurements are guesses until the next ultrasound in 2 weeks. We measured my girth again and found that I’ve gained another 1 ½ inches there making it a total of 45 ½” – 16 ½” bigger than I was last September when we started counting. I am now broader in my waist than my husband is in his shoulders! (Scary!)

This week marks the end of our scheduled education classes. The second-half of “Parenting Newborns” is over on Wednesday and is my last excuse to venture into the outside world other than the weekly doctor visits. We are getting more and more serious (I hope) about deciding on names for the girls. As I mentioned before, I am steadfast in naming the younger one “Bettina” but calling her “Tina” for my grandmother – also a twin. This naming process, however, seems to be an on-going battle of wits.