Friday, April 15, 2005

Week 30 - Paul Earns Brownie Points

Since I was not allowed out of bed, I couldn’t attend the “Breastfeeding for Multiples” class that I was very much looking forward to attending. I figured if I could get a grip on that whole challenge, it would save me upwards of 6 hours a day once the babies arrived and we both learned the trick to this whole tandem feeding thing. The next best thing to me and Paul attending, I thought, was to have my mother go in my place. After all, she would be with me the majority of the day when Paul wasn’t. So, without argument, Paul picked up his mother-in-law and drove her to the 2 ½ hour class where they talked about mammary glands and milk production and how multiple babies fit into the scene. While my mom took copious notes, I’m sure Paul was daydreaming away, but at least he was there. ‘Atta boy!