Saturday, May 14, 2005

Week 34 - The Great Escape!


The Great Escape Posted by Hello

The Zoo Posted by Hello
We're almost at the end of week 34 now and not a whole lot has changed. My stomach is stretched to the point where it has diminished feeling and sensitivity, giving me insight as to why some never feel an episiotomy when it happens. I hit a wall of frustration Thursday when I was instructed by my stand-in doctor to renew my prescription of the terbutaline for 2 more weeks. Based on conversations with my usual doctor, I was expecting to only have to continue a few more days. I realized just how closely I was counting down those days when I got home and became upset about the difference. I am getting anxious for the next phase of this process (as crazy as it sounds). I've now been on bed-rest for 5 weeks and it's becoming a bore even knowing the chaos that will happen once the two little girls are here.


Poor Paul comes home and, upon asking how my day was, proceeds to watch me fall to tears. Lucky for me, he’s entirely sympathetic and devises a plan to give me some sort of relief - a feeling of getting out and rebelling without really breaking all the rules: a trip to San Francisco Zoo, provided that they have a wheelchair that we can rent to keep me off my feet. His idea encourages me and gives me some “homework” to do the following day (Friday). So, Saturday, we wake up early and I get to take an outing that has nothing to do with doctor appointments or preparing for babies; it was all about me and my sanity – as well as my need to be “naughty.”


It was a nice day with slightly overcast skies, but nice enough to get a little sun and certainly to clear the blues I’d had earlier. We spent a total of 4 hours there, with Paul pushing me around the park, and saw virtually everything there we could. I drank my “freedom” deeply and was grateful for my resourceful wheelchair-chauffer of a husband!
To see more pictures of the zoo outing, click here