Monday, March 14, 2005

Week 25 - Above Average Meetings with the Doctors

Well, the only disappointing thing about week 25 is that the printer at the sonogram appointment was jammed and not working. No pictures in-utero this month, but that might not be a bad thing!

We did learn that the babies are still doing great and are, in fact, quite big in size. The normal singleton (one baby per pregnancy) weights about 1.5 pounds this week and is about 7.5 to 8 inches from crown to rump (top of their head to, well, their rump). Multiple babies are expected to be a bit behind those numbers. Our babies, however, are ahead in their weight, even when compared to a singleton. This time, "Baby B" is the chubba-lub weighing in at 1 pound 13 ounces - which is only 2 ounces more than her sister. So, they are nearly a half-pound more than the average singleton baby each.

This puts me measuring in at where most of my peers would be at week 32. I look 7 weeks (or almost 2 months!) bigger than I really am. I've gained 40 pounds now which has taken form as an increasingly large shelf just below and in between my boobs. Some of my maternity clothes, especially those I got early-on in pregnancy, don't fit me any more. Braxton-Hicks contractions (painless "warm-up" exercises for the uterus) have started and I am also knocked down to just 4-hour maximum work days. As we turn to week 26, we begin to realize that the single-digit week countdown is just around the corner.