Sunday, September 20, 2009

We All Fall Down!

Ava decided this morning that she didn't want to take a bath today with Baby Brother. She wanted to do what Bettina got to do last time: take a shower. So, while I bathed Baby Brother, I delegated the shower routine to Daddy, who was about to jump in anyhow. Ava has this thing about not getting her ears or eyes wet, so I was concerned about how she'd take the shower, but her confidence and determination said it was time to give it a try.
From my perch upstairs, I could tell that the shower wasn't all that Ava thought it'd be. She started to complain as Daddy told her that her hair wasn't even wet enough to put in the shampoo. Then I hear more complaining, more screaming, and Daddy just trying to get it done. The scene escalates higher and higher until it sounds like the animalistic panic of pure survival. Then I hear a big crash...Uh, oh...time to investigate...and quickly.
I run down the stairs and find the whole shower curtain and rod on the floor, both Daddy and Ava on their backs on top of it. Daddy finally got the water turned off. The only thing left standing is Bettina, wondering what the heck just happened.
Apparently, Ava was so determined NOT to finish her shower that, when Daddy picked her up to go under the shower to wash her shampoo out, she kicked off the wall with such force, it sent both Daddy and she flying backwards out of the shower, taking the curtain and rod down with them.
I couldn't help myself....listening to the story, tears of laughter were streaming down my face. That's one determined kid!!! Thank goodness no one was hurt! I guess its only baths again for Ava.