Wednesday, June 14, 2006

One Year 3 Weeks - Climbing

We have been looking for more activities to do that take us outside the house as Paul officially broken ground in our basement. The pick-axe hit the concrete this last weekend and we've already filled up one concrete debris box. So, the kids, dog and I met up with friend Tiffany and her son Dean at the Lafayette Reservoir.

The girls go often to the Reservoir tot lot as their nanny, Rocio, usually takes them there when she comes twice a week. Rocio has told me how much they like the slide, so I decided to watch them. Just after Tina's feet hit the ground, she let out a giant grin and proceeded to toddle over to the play structure again and, to my amazement, started climbing the structure all the way to the top where she waited for me to help her slide down. She did this numerous times until I finally videoed so that Daddy could see this passion and talent himself.



Since then, I've found her at home standing on top of boxes and attempting to climb the crib and file cabinet. She's rather enjoying her new-found talent.

Ava tries to mimic, but isn't yet willing to get on her knees and doesn't yet trust her balance with such a large step. She enjoys sliding, especially on her stomach when she can slide unaided.