Tuesday, June 06, 2006

One Year 2 Weeks - Here We Go Around the Mulberry Bush


Well, Ava decided this weekend that she really didn't need to hold onto a finger to get herself around. She's running around like gangbusters and chasing Tina around the house. The two of them get a big kick out of seeing each other walk. Most of their playtime is spend following each other around the house like a parade - one with the MP3 player changing the music at whim. They giggle at each other as they sneak around the corner circling "the Mulberry Bush" that they imagine stands in our house. (Pay close attention to little Ava's shoulders and hips - she love to invent new dance steps!)

I swear, if you have toddlers, you have to look into getting one of these MP3 Players. My kids love it some much they fight over theirs. I've even beginning to think that for the first time I may need to get another one just to keep the peace.

The other exciting thing that happened just today: Bettina's god-father, Scott, welcomed with his wife their new daughter Victoria Charlotte. Mom and baby are doing fine after a tough birth. I got the call while the girls and I were in the library. And, what calls more attention to oneself than to have a cell phone ring in the library? The stream of tears that comes with the good news. Just like my last entry, my emotions are a mess - gesh!