Sunday, February 08, 2009

Definately Time to Drop the Mattress

Alessandro can pull himself up onto things now. Still trying to figure out how to turn his feet around to crawl, he is relying on pure upper body strenght to get where he's wanting to go. Unpacking after a recent trip to Costco, I put Alessandro down next to the box of diapers and wipes that go in the upstairs closet. I turn my back for a second and look to find him standing up, feet still a little curled under, and holding on to the wipes box. He let go with one hand and tried to reach for the diaper box. Curled feet don't make for stability, so I had to catch him. Not 15-minutes later, he'd also gone from on his tummy to back in a sitting position.

He can do this with his activity block as well. Here's me trying to "catch" him trying to stand.


Yep, time to knock that mattress in his crib one more knotch down. He'll pull himself up and launch himself out.