Monday, July 10, 2006

Parenting Book Club - "The Early Birds" by Jenny Minton

Sometimes I'm stunned (and flattered) to realize that others besides my family and friends read this blog with some interest. I was recently contacted by a media PR publicists who's representing a book. She represents author Jenny Minton who writes of her first years as a new twin mom. And, since her baby boys came early (as they usually do), she's named her book "The Early Birds."

This PR rep sent me a complimentary copy to read and it arrived by UPS today. I'm actually really excited to read it. I'm tempted to put my "regular" book club book (currently "The Time Traveler's Wife") back in the book shelf - especially since I'll be out of town when we meet to discuss it - so I can start earlier on "The Early Birds." What I'll probably end up doing is keeping one at home and the other in the car for when the kids fall asleep in route to "wherever" so I can have something to do while I wait for them to awaken from their slumber.

I'm flattered to be sent a copy and was excited to hear that the author herself would like to chat so that I could better understand it and pass on my opinions and thoughts (not hard to give) of her book. I'm so excited about that opportunity and will keep you all updated when significant thoughts are formed (I know there are a few twin moms who read with regularity). Additionally, if anyone wants to join me in my new book-club-of-one, please do. I'll be happy to collect questions to field to the author as we explore. The book can be purchased here at the Amazon website.