Tuesday, November 24, 2009

If you can't beat them....

Housework with three kids around is a bit of a chore, no pun intended. Every time I put away the Tupperware back in the cabinet so I can vacuum the kitchen carpet, Alessandro opens the door and throws them all around again. Imagine trying to clean the hardwood floors, bent over on all fours, scrubbing the old avocado and juice stains off of the wood with a 17-month toddler tackling your mid-section and then climbing up to ride you bronco-style. I know he's probably just trying to get my attention so he can play with me, but with 5-minutes more, I know I can finish the whole room.....so I power through.
How's the saying go? If you can't beat them....
The next thing I know, I look over and there's Little Man on his hands and knees as well, bent over the hardwood floor with my kitchen towel instead of a rag, rubbing the wood and then dipping the towel into the soapy bucket like he's seeing his mommy do. I'm smiling ear-to-ear. What a little wonder! So, laughing and smiling, we clean the kitchen floor together - and I add the kitchen towels to the laundry when we're done!