Sunday, February 11, 2007

Little Angels?

Getting ready for Valentine's Day...the obligatory photos for grandparents and god-parents. Bettina was a champ and wore her wings with no problems. Ava, however, say "no" to just about everything. No to people looking at her, no to wings, no to sitting next to her sister, no to the barrette for her hair, no to staying out of the picture. Reverse psychology was what finally worked in getting both the girls in the same frame.. we "ohh-ed" and "awe-d" over Bettina by herself until Ava wriggled out of my arms and in front of the camera again. Geeze! This is changing my mind again about getting them back into modeling. It's been a year since their last photo shoot. I thought Ava would be the better one with her cute little ringlets and head of hair. She looks feminine and not as androgonistic as Bettina with her mullet hair-do. Paul still won't let me cut her hair, but perhaps if we trim it over time she'll look a little more girl-ish without offending Daddy.

Ava's still having a hard time adjusting back to her normal sleep routine after our visit to Grandpa. Still panicky and a bit of a cling-on. She's only slept though the night twice in 3 weeks. Mommy's getting tired and loosing patience with her. I keep thinking that she'll grow out of it - especially if I succumb to her whims for a short while and we share the bed in the spare room. After 2 weeks, though, I get worried about it creating a new routine. I've put a call into my friend Karen Pollak who's a sleep trainer to hear what advice she can give. With Noelle Conchran taking a leave of absence, Karen's been getting a lot of business from San Francisco, so I hope she can fit me in.
Posted by Picasa