Saturday, January 07, 2006

7 Months 2 Weeks - Two Wardrobes

Well, it's official. Tina can no longer fit in the 3-6 month clothes and needs to go up to the 6-9 month size. Ava, however, is not ready for this transition, so this means we need to have 2 different wardrobes in the drawers: one for Ava and one for Tina. Ava's clothes are the 4 drawers on the left and Tina's are the 4 drawers on the right.

With this new development, I've found I really look forward to dressing Tina as she's the one with the new clothes that we haven't used yet. The newer clothes are more interesting than the also cute clothes that Ava wears, but are too familiar with the last 3 months of dressing. Who would have guessed that the older sister would get the hand-me-down clothes!!

Tina is now nearly 17 lbs and Ava is still a pound behind at nearly 16 lbs. Both are sitting up on their own, albeit still rather shakily. Can't keep them unattended that way, but they can now sit in grocery cart seats and restaurant high chairs - one reason I decided it was time to shop eBay for a grocery seat cover that would fit both places. Now, I can go grocery shopping without the stroller - provided I have either the Bjiorn or the backpack - which means I can purchase more items and am not limited to just the amount of stuff that will safely balance on the top of the stroller sunshade. Of course, if I don't feel like going out to juggle two kids (who, by the way are starting to grab anything within their reach), there's always Safeway.com.

As far as the house, Paul's working with a friend on it this weekend. We went shopping for recessed lighting at HomeDepot and Paul hopes to install them with his friend's help this weekend. I'm researching housecleaners so we can attempt to eradicate the more or less 10 months of dust from the living areas. After this, I hope to start setting up the cribs and the toys so we can live there more often.