Wednesday, July 18, 2007

You Are the Mother of a Devil-Child!

I put my kids down for a nap at Grandma's house.... Grandma agrees to watch them while I run a quick errand; "Be back in half-an-hour," I call behind me....

I get back and Tina, not surprisingly, is not asleep and chatting away in the other room. As I enter the front door, my mother tells me, "You are the mother of a devil-child." Oh, no... what's she done now?

Not only has she figured out how to disrobe and take off her diaper (we knew that part already), she's also found out how to unzip the crib-tents that are suppossed to keep her from climbing out and creating additional mischief. Appartently, when my mother found her, she had tried to release her sister (she got Ava's tent unzipped - she just wouldn't climb out like Tina does) and was sitting on the floor playing with the electric fan -- plugging it in to and out of the wall. Tina looked a Grandma, peed on the floor and ran out the open door, giggling. The devil child for sure!

"How long since you put her back in?" "Five-minutes." "Well, you know she's got to be out again." Crash!! I go in this time. Tina's out, diaper-less again. Her smile turns to a solemn face as she sees me over the electric fan she's tipped over onto the floor. Wordlessly, I put her back in, strap on another diaper and look for a safety pin and lock the zipper closed. "That will do it," I think.

Ten-minutes later, more footsteps can be heard in the room.... "Couldn't be Ava," I think. I open the door -- it's Tina again. She's found a hole between tie-downs and has somehow squeezed through them.

Nap-time isn't working today. So, we go outside to express some of this creative energy in another way. You think we got that accomplished??