Wednesday, August 31, 2005

3 months, 1 week - Starting to Get Traction

This napping routine has been difficult still to master, especially since Tina has been having a hard time embracing it. She's clearly tired, but needs a lot of down-time and reassurance before she'll drift off. By that time, it's "time" to feed again. I've been conflicted as to whether I should wake her up and stay on the routine or - my selfish self - just let her sleep for an hour (any buy myself a deserved reward of some down-time). I spent the better half of the first week emailing the twins group to hear their advise.

Consensus said to just pretend that she'd slept and continue with the routine. She's also still too young to let her fuss and cry unattended (which made me feel better). So, two more difficult days until a break-through yesterday. Not only did she get some sleep during all 3 of her naps (Ava slept through all 3, per usual), but they both gladly went down at their bed time. By 8:30 pm, my mom and I were watching a movie we'd rented from the video store and I was still able to go to bed by 10:30 pm.

So, we're starting to get some "good" days along with the "challenging" ones. We never know what we'll have when the day starts, but we try to be optimistic! We hope that it's just a few weeks more before they get the swing of it and anticipate the naps as much as they do other things.