Sunday, April 10, 2011

Patches


I have a pile...it's been growing for 2-months now and, not only is it hard to ignore, but the selection of pants in Alessandro's drawer is getting leaner and leaner. It's finally time.
Much to my chagrin, I am doing the very same thing to my kids that my mom did to me. It embarrassed me to no end to wear clothes to school that had them, but, probably much like my own mother in this situation 35+ year ago, I seriously see no choice in the matter.
With a giant sigh, I take out the iron-on patch material - actually the same kits from my mother's collection in her sewing basket - and try to best match the fabric with the layers of pairs of pants. It takes two days, but at least now, Alessandro has something to wear, in which he can play and play hard. At some point, he will be more balanced in his sense of fun and fashion. Thankfully for me, and for the pile of patches waiting to be tediously sewn on, we're more in the camp of fun right now.