Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Back to Ballet - and Activities..

This was a big week with all planned activities in full swing. Ballet class started this week - the tragedy, however, is that Miss Jenny left to open up her own ballet studio and won't be their teacher. Although the girls asked numerous questions about why she wasn't there, I'm sure they will be just fine with another teacher. The class is much smaller this time - only 2 others so far. Funny to think my kids make up 50% of the class. They are also enrolled in and started Tiny Tumblers (gymnastics) this week, and we're going to the pool at the gym where I attempt to give them swimming lessons. In college, I used to teach swim lessons during the summer. We'll see how far I can go before they refuse or get me in a choke hold screaming for me to let them go back to the stairs. Then I'll make the bold appointment with a "real" instructor. So far, Ava will kick and put her face in the water, but doesn't trust me outside of the safety of the stairs. Bettina will go out with me and kick and even blow bubbles, but if I try to hold away from my body or float her on her back, she flips out and climbs back for the choke-hold.

School is going well for both the girls. I just love their teacher and assistant. They will be making family collages next week and I'm interested in seeing how they turn out.
Posted by Picasa