Monday, May 07, 2007

Yee-haw! Cowgirl up!

I've been looking forward to this weekend for 2 years....

One of the only drawbacks about getting pregnant was that I'd have to miss out on my favorite annual event for a couple of years. A number of my close girlfriends - girls I've grown up with - and I have been going horse camping with a group of women on different California ranches, and it's my absolute favorite thing. Playing with horses, cows, and girls friends with gourmet meals, open bar, commemorative gift, riding on guided trails, Calcutta, team penning, barrel racing timed events, live and silent auctions...even massages and facials -- everything a sophisticated cowgirl could ever want. Las Estrellas del Valle is a 3-day event benefiting the Salinas Valley Medical Hospital's Level III NICU (a cause close to any twin-mom's heart).

My dad - a saint among saints - gives this to me as a Christmas gift, but being pregnant and a new mom, I couldn't go the last 2 years. This year, I got it again and he flew down from Seattle to watch the girls to ensure I had a really great time.

You always meet more fabulous, funny and exciting people and it always renews my love for cow-chasing and country living. We have yet to see (and buy) the professional photos, but here are a couple snapshots and rough videos taken on my camera.