Sunday, February 27, 2005

So, Where Are you Registered?


My sister asked me to register for baby stuff. She wanted to start buying the twins things, which is really nice (what a good aunt-to-be!). I was reluctant since I thought it was so early. Truth be told - I'm really glad I did. Who knew that this was such a complicated project and would take so much time and learning?! Thankfully, there are people to help. How else could one figure out such things as nursing pads, breast pumps and the difference between a co-sleeper, bassinet, pack n' play, or crib and other ideas completely foreign to non-parents? And which is best for twins? So, after much deliberation and countless hours researching the finer points of crib mattresses, etc., I set up a "wish list" at a little place called Lullaby Lane (cute, huh?) in San Bruno. They have absolutely everything, are close enough for shopping and convenient enough for most friends whether they live near-by, near the phone, or just near the internet!

Lullaby Lane: 650-588-7644 (or 1-800-588-7644 for those out-of-town folks) Weblink: http://www.lullabylane.com/gift_registry/index.cfm

Mom and I got together and decided on pale yellow and off-white for the primary nursery colors. Bedding is so expensive, that she and I decide that we will try to make the bumpers ourselves. (Should prove interesting!) Mom is ready to start knitting blankets, and we start gathering a vision and momentum toward this vast project. With so many helpful friends who have already had babies, we have found the need for clothes is not as dire as other baby gifts. However, even I find it difficult to resist all the cute little oneies, socks and dresses they have in the stores!Posted by Hello